Monday 15 December 2014

AmsterDAYM.

As some of you may know I ventured across sea to Holland, it was a birthday surprise from the boyf and after months of subtle hints he done good. Amsterdam literally has something for everyone, if you adore little boutiques and hand-made chocolates or prostitutes that literally rival our page 3 girls you'll find "something" to do! You can walk or cycle along the adorable canals whilst browsing into windows of naked girls, or take a trip to the nine streets where you can look through hundreds of independent clothes stores.



Museums aren't hard to come by in Amsterdam and the Rijksmuseum is by far the most impressive. There is A Van Gogh museum and my favourite, The Anne Frank Huis. The Anne Frank House takes you round her impressive hide-out during WWII and tells you about her family and her troubles after being found by the Nazi's. I would 100% recommend this, I even bought her book afterwards, get me, little book worm. 



One thing I would suggest doing is hiring a bike, you can walk around but there is quite a walk between the different areas and there is also trams and buses but hiring a bike gives you the best of both worlds. There are bike lanes everywhere so you don't need to worry about getting used to the road system, We hired from Mac Bike, they weren't the cheapest but it was right next to our hotel so my 5 inchers were swaying me.


There are tons of things to do and everyone is so pleasant and polite so it's easy to keep busy. I would recommend the Red Light District by day and night. The museums can keep you busy for a whole day and if you are a football fan and you're lucky enough to go when AJAX are playing then get a ticket, the fans are on another level to us Roughians. The Ice Bar is brilliant, and fairly cheap too as well as the different bars and restaurants in Dam Square and other areas. The problem is, the price of drinks isn't exactly a bargain!




Would I go on again ? Yes! Without A doubt, it was a beautiful city and to be frank, the people are just so polite and pleasant it would be hard to say no.

Read my other reviews and posts soon on here!





No comments:

Post a Comment