Wednesday 17 December 2014

Amsterdam: Ice Bar

You've seen people on your FB and Twitter newsfeed posting piccies of the time they went to "that" ice bar. You like the picture and scroll past it secretly drowning in jealously, well, that was me anyway. Until Now. I managed to see first class what it is like and how much a fucking bitch the bar tender was when I accidentally spilt my drink on her fir coat, pretentious prick. 


It was £19 each for entrance, a cocktail and 2 drinks when you're in the ice room, but there are little budget cards that have discounts for loads of things around Dam and if you manage to find one for the ice bar it knocks it down to £16.50 each so quite a bargain. 
We went in and grabbed our cocktails and waited patiently for our turn like little children, when our turn came we of course were first in line, given our amazingly heavy blue cloaks and gloves and entered. -10 degrees is a hell of a lot colder than I imagined. Literally everything is Ice, ice bar, ice glasses, ice polar bear, ice feet in sandals. (choose sensible footwear, unlike me!)
Quick tip, the glasses are made out of ice and the gloves aren't exactly the most mobile beings so hold the glass with both gloves otherwise you will drop your glass on the floor, twice! 

Our cocktails
Bar Before you enter the Ice Bar itself

































Overall, It was a great experience and I made a great profile picture! I had a great time and you get 1 hour in there but to be frank it was all done within the first 15 minutes, including our drinks, so we got on our way after that, thinking an hour was just to long to be stood in the cold without a vodka in my hand! Saying that, some people stayed for more photo ops. 



























Experience 10/10 
It was something I've always wanted to do and lived up to expectations 

Value For Money 9/10
The cocktail before we entered was lovely and the drinks inside where nice but a bit stingy on the vods. 

Fun 9/10
Again, it was good fun but an hour was too long for me to be without a drink in my hand. 








No comments:

Post a Comment