Monday 29 December 2014

Christmas Comedown

It's officially over for another year and I couldn't feel any worse! Christmas is by far my favourite time of year, the lights, festivities, food  but then there is the looming fear that once it's over, it's another 365 days till it comes back around. 365 days, that's 52 weeks and that's 12 months too long for me. Whilst you're eating your body weight in Christmas chocolate and left over turkey try and raise your spirit a bit by doing one or two of these things. 



Baking 

Baking can always cheer anyone up, you can go for the more complicated cakes like these these or you can stick to the simple, easy cakes with a twist. Try the chocolate cornflake clusters with added Nutella for a different taste.

90g Milk Chocolate
120g Nutella 
40g Cornflakes 

All you need to do is melt the chocolate and Nutella in a pan over a small heat. Once melted add in the cornflakes to the mixture. Once your happy with the look of them pop small clusters onto a sheet of baking paper or into cake cases if you have any of them lying around and put them in the fridge to cool. Voila. 

Online Shopping

You've cashed your cheques but don't want to get shoved around in the post Christmas sales, try doing it online! You get the best deals and all from the comfort of you're own house, you don't even have to take your pajamas off, I mean is that perfection of what? Some websites have more offers than others but that's the beauty of online shopping, you can browse to your hearts content. My favourite are River Island which have up to 50% off and Boots again, 50% off selected lines! I got some great gift sets for next Christmas and I may have treat myself to one or two bargains. 

Spend time with your family 

How often can you say you get to spend a whole day with your entire family? I'm betting on rarely, especially as you get older, my brother had to work this year so since we have relished every moment we could! We have played Articulate, the board game about 20 times as a family since Christmas and we've watched all our DVD's again whilst eating cheese and crackers in front of the fire. I'm guessing you're either back to school or work soon so spend the time you have with your family, it's one thing you won't regret. 

Make New Years plans 

One event over and onto the next. Start planning your New Years Eve parties or events, or make plans for the future. Buy a dress, speak to you friends and organise a big bang for the New Year. It gives you something else to focus on whilst you're still getting over your post Christmas blues, not to mention, it's just another reason to get your glad rags on and try out all your new Xmas make-up. 

Do something you've always wanted

You had you're eye on a dress that was a little pricey, you want to run a marathon or drop that last pound you've being clinging onto for the last month...then do it! Buy the dress, train for the marathon and eat healthy! You have to ask yourself one question in these situations, will it make me happy? If the answer is yes then there is nothing stopping you bar yourself. Get your ass into gear and your bound to feel better once you've accomplished what you wanted. 

I hope this helps you beat to Christmas depression and get back to normal life, take to Christmas hat of and come back to reality...it sucks I know but the countdown is back on. My goal for this year is to be a tad more organised, if I leave my presents as late as I did this year, I'm going to break down. 







1 comment:

  1. I'm so down that christmas is over too! I took my tree down today :( :(
    Love your suggestions!
    xx

    ReplyDelete