Saturday 16 May 2015

Things I Regret Buying

First things first, renting a flat/house...check! I have rented this adorable little flat with the better half and I'm practicality in love with it, cue scanning tumblr for inspo and youtubing home ware hauls for the next 28 days until my move in date! 

secondly, This isn't me bashing companies or products because usually the case is I love the company but this one product just didn't work for me, and what doesn't work for me might work for someone else! By no means is this me being a complete moody cow...Disclaimer done! 
Whenever I buy a product I search blogs for a true opinion of the product, yeah magazines are ok but sometimes you can't be sure whether it's a sponsorship or honest opinion! I'll normally check out a few blogs and then decide, but thankfully blogs like this have stopped me buying products that won't work well on my skin tone or skin type! So Thankyou blogger world! 





First up is the MAC Studio Fix Powder, this will not be a popular one I'm afraid but this powder did absolutely nothing for me, yes it set my make-up well and it did last for a long period of time, which essentially is what is it for! However I found it very cakey on this skin and I almost felt the need to moisturise extensively after using it, it just dried out my skin and I felt like my poor face was screaming for moisture.

Next up is the Benefit Poreffesional, a lot of people raved and raved about this and I'm yet to find a primer that I love but unfortunately I'm still searching! I must admit, I never actually purchased this alone, it was in one of their combination boxes. I tried it and it just dried out my skin completely, I have normal to dry skin so I really didn't expect my skin to react like it did but I got a couple of breakouts and I personally didn't like the finish it gave to my skin!

Another Benefit product, this is very hit and miss amongst bloggers! Hands up if you caved and bought it...yes I thought so!  it's the "They're Real Mascara" personally I didn't think it did much to my lashes in terms of length as I already have quite long lashes and the effort it takes to get it off, it felt like I was ripping my poor my lashes from my eyes! Not worth the agro but I could be just lazy!!!

Next up is the Got2B Rise and Shine Volume and shine hairspray...try saying that 3 times fast! I love the Got2B texture spritz and the heat protector spray so I was so gutted when I didn't like this! The shine part works wonders and it does hold my hair in place so I can't really complain because technically does what it says on the bottle, with the added bonus of rock solid, sticky hair! 

CK lipstick, yes I know it was like £2.00 but it's just not for me, the colour is beautiful and I'll give them that but it lasted about 5 minutes and it has started going bobbly which is just a bit off putting for me! This is just not a good product if I'm honest, everything else on this list is something I'd say try for yourself, or it might work differently with your skin type but I would hugely try and sway anyone away from purchasing this! 

Finally, the L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream, anti-fatigue! Now don't make no qualms, I used the CC cream for months and month but this was the Anti-dullness one and it was perfect for my skin and left a dewy finish which is exactly what I love in a skin product! So when that ran out I went and got a new one, thinking they differed every so slightly I picked the anti-fatigue up and it was heavy and matte which, ew. These products don't sit well on my skin whatsoever and I looked like a caked up barbie doll! 

Has anyone had any luck with these products? If so let me know! or has anyone else done a blog on products they regret buying?

Truth B Told 





1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the They're Real part. I couldn't remove it and I didn't think it lengthened my lashes. I was so disappointed

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete