Tuesday 2 December 2014

Manchester Christmas Markets

The other day I forced my poor mother to take me to the Christmas Markets in Manchester, we got a bit caught up in all the hustle and bustle and completely forgot we where even in Manchester. It was more like a German Market with all the sausage stalls and decorations. I purchased everything from sweets, chocolates, candles and fur hats, which where a complete bargain at 10£ by the way, chaching! There was Christmas songs in every shop and stall and my brother even purchased a fucking Bonsai Tree, £35.00 for a tiny fucking tree. The decorations and everyone's spirit completely make the entire atmosphere, not to mention to carollers and the brass bands playing on every street corner. 





If you can afford to go drinking in the day then there are plenty of places to have a seat and be welcomed by equally drunk foreigners and northerns. We had one or 5 pints of Christmas beer, basically beer with red food dye in for an extra 50p to my reckoning like, couple of hot chocolates with Brandy in there and we might of stopped off in a pub for a couple of Jaegers and Voddy's, Merry Christmas indeed. We even snuck in the Alchemist for a couple of cocktails, £15.60 for 2, so basically day light robbery but at that point we didn't care. It was right by the Ice-rink so we sat and watched in hysterics as people went literally ass over tit onto the ice. 



If you're not feeling Christmassy yet you will be by the time you've been to these markets, it's magical and it is a complete transformation from the usual sights you can come across in Manchester. The biggest let down? I've been waiting all my life to try a macaroon and finally I get my chance and it tasted like shit, that's what I get for trying to be classy... 




p.s quick memo for myself here, don't take photo's when drunk the outcome is as above. 






No comments:

Post a Comment