Friday 8 May 2015

Top 5 Fridays

I don't like how quick these Friday's are coming around, it's going to be summer before I know it and I'll be sat in the summer sun, mojito in hand and pretending I'm on an episode of 90210! Until then this rain is making a point of letting me know I'm sat in the UK with a 14 hour shift ahead of me...brill! 

Until then, I have put my top 5 eye shadow pallets together for you all to have a read of! I'm a huge eye shadow fan and having so many colours in one pallet is like a dream for me so I have built up quite the collection over the last few years including drug store and higher end...



Drum roll please...

First up is my newest addition and its the MAC Pallet I recently ordered on line, it contains Sable, Satin Taupe and Nocturnal! The beauty of the MAC pallets is that you can chose the colours you want in them rather than getting generic colours which you'll never use and will end up sat in a cupboard for 2 years. I've fallen so in love with this that I've just ordered a larger 15X refill pallet! All the colours are really pigmented and have such a good colour pay off and the range they have in insane, you can pick from like hundreds of colours to your fancy! The only problem is they cost £10 for a pan refill which can be quite steep when your on a budget! 


Next up is the bloggers favourite, The Naked pallets! Naked 1 is my choice and I love the colours in there, my favourite colours are Buck, Toasted and Hustle! I love this pallet because it has a choice of shimmering and matte colours which is ideal for everyday and nights out. Again, the pigmentation of these is beautiful and they seem to last quite a long time.  


Next up, cheep and cheerful, SLEEK pallet in Storm I believe. The gold tones in this pallet are to die for and you can create such versatile looks from this one because of the array of colours and tones, similarly to the Naked pallet it contains shimmery and matte tones which is probably the first thing I look for in a pallet, and the colour pay off is amazing considering the price range in comparison to some of the higher end products!


Avon, I did feature this in my Avonderful post a while back but this is an 8-shadow pallet, again, another neutral pallet...I can't get enough! I bought this pallet specifically for the golden shimmery tones in it but the purple was one I just fell in love with, don't tell the other half! This is my favourite pallet for summer and with a tan, wow I just couldn't stop staring at my eyes, call me vain!!! 


finally, It's a pallet I wasn't expecting to like, it's from Collection 2000 and not to be snob or anything but it's not renowned for it's stunning shadows! but I'll eat my words with modesty!!! This is such a good pallet for a smoky eye, in fact some of the colours are nice and simple for the day time too! It's pigmentation is amazing for the price of it, you get good quality for the money! It doesn't last the longest,  but it did withstand a night of dancing and singing with only getting a few smudges here and there! I'm pretty sure I cried that night too so it deserves recognition, normally it's streaming down my face...note to self, avoid Tequila at all costs! 


Is there any pallets you guys would recommend trying? not to brag or anything but I won a £15 amazon voucher thats burning a hole in my pocket, I need things to buy, help a girl out eh! 

Truth B Told 








9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've love naked 3 but for some reason Naked 1 is the one I always go back too! I'll have to try the other one though, i've never tried it :D x

      Delete
  2. I'm so tempted to buy a mac palette but I always get overwhelmed by the choice! I do love my Naked palettes though I kind of feel guilty looking at other brands haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much choice and it's hard to judge online! I'd defo recommend going instore if your thinking about it though :D x

      Delete
  3. I think that the Stila palettes look amazing! I love MAC eyeshadows but there is so much choice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I haven't got round to buying any yet but Im certainly on the hunt for one! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to get the original Naked palette, the shades look gorgeous!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I wear this almost every day and it's so versatile...Quite expensive but you do get what you pay for in that sense so I'd defo do it if I were you :) x

      Delete
  5. Great post
    would you like to follow each other? I'll follow back after it.
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete