Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Met Ball 2015

I love love love writing these posts, they are by far my favourite thing to blog about because I love looking (in envy might I add) at all the gorg dresses and make-up and wishing that could be me on the red carpet, a girl can only dream. All the celebs looked beautiful and made such an effort but below are a few of my favourites...

My absolute woman crush everyday, the beaut RHW! Everything about Rosie is perfection in this picture. She wore a Champagne Atelier Versace Dress with a classy slit up the leg and beautifully detailed cut outs. Her hair is almost metro sexual, adding a touch of masculinity and the RHW signature red lip! She Took the crown in my opinion! Why am I not her? 


Reese Witherspoon is my spirit Animal so I couldn't not feature her in this Jason Wu Red Dress. The structure is my favourite thing about this dress, the frame around the chest makes it stand out. You can't go wrong in a LRD in my opinion and Reese always rocks it...And look at her legs! 


Kate Hudson looks like a golden goddess in this Michael Kors Ensemble, it slightly resembles her yellow dress in "how to lose a guy in 10 days" which, let's be honest, is goals. I love the high neck and she has the perfect bod to pull of this figure hugging, floor length gown. She kept is simple with limited accessories and a small, white clutch, in my opinion the styling was on point!  


Anne Hathaway turned heads with this Ralph Lauren hooded gown, personally it's not something I can pull off but I'm all for praising someone who can. She managed to make this possibly masculine ensemble feminine by keeping her make-up so elegant and natural and her hair simple and sleek. Plus, if it rains, she sorted! 


I love these 2, I love their family and if they could adopt me that would be great but just look at them! Need I say more? 


Candice Swanepoel made every girl jealous of her glowing skin on the red carpet, her fresh faced make-up and sleep up-do combined with flowers made her the talk of the ball! Her make-up is just stunning her, the subtle eyebrow and golden shadow make it almost effortless and I was certainly google-ing makeup tips and seeing her face! 


You might be surprised you didn't see Beyonce on here but I'm not going to lie, I hated it! I didn't like the cut-out, I thought it was very tacky and poorly done and the gems looked like something I wore when I was a tot, yeah it probably costs more than my house but I didn't like it! Opinions are opinions eh! 

What was your favourite outfit or look from that evening? 

Truth B Told 




4 comments:

  1. I can't not agree with you about Beyonce - her dress was a miss for me and that's a shame bc she's such a beautiful woman she doesn't have to shock or reveal everything to get the attention..
    Best wishes,
    Arabesque
    http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's such a same! She could of worn a classic dress and stole the show :/

      Delete
  2. I must admit, I wasn't a fan of Beyonce, plus I think her hair cheapened the look!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like Beyonce's dress either! It looked so tacky!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete