Friday 1 May 2015

Top 5 Fridays

This week is a HUGE week for me not only have a managed to write this blog post 3 days prior to it being uploaded, it's a miracle I know... but I've purchased my very own MINI One! The day this post goes live is the day I pick up my new baby boy so I'll be whizzing (carefully and safely, might I add) around in him for the next week or so, expect limited blog posts! 


 So yeah, Top 5 Fridays this week is going to be about my favourite blushers, both drug store and high end. First up is my ultimate favourite, my go to blush...Is declaring my love too much? You may have heard me mention this one, I dunno, once or twice but it's NARS Sin. When I first purchased it the colour wasn't what I expected, it's not a colour I wouldn't usually go for in a blush but I'd heard such good things about it I couldn't not purchase it. The colour is almost a purple tone but gives a beautiful flushed look to the cheeks and I have been known to dual use it as an eyeshadow! 


Next up is Pixie Pink from the brand Sleek, first up the packaging is,well, sleek! I love the mirror and is brill for a bag for make-up on the go. It is a bright pink and is quite daunting to look at up close but the colour pay off is amazing, it gives a really summery flushed looked. I love a matte finish and it is brilliant for people with acne or skin problems, a shimmer can sometimes highlight any skin imperfections so this is fantastic for anyone trying to hide any, we all have them days right?


The 3rd of the 5 is a creme blush opposed to a powder, I went through a stage of wearing this blush every day for about 3 months, so much so I had to buy 2 replacements. This Revlon Creme Blush in the shade Charmed Enchantment, has a deep pinky tone to it and gives off the most natural finish out of all the blushes in this post. The only problem I do have with this is that, it is very difficult to use with a brush and it has more of a "hands on" approach which can be a pain sometimes in terms of blending, and if you use the wrong brush...see image below...the hairs get caught up in the product! Grim! 


This has been a bloggers favourite for the last few years and only a couple of months ago I caved and purchased a Foreplay cheek pallet, I did mention this is my favourites a few posts back but since then I have used it almost everyday for a spring/summer feel. It has gold flecks in it which make it suit every skin tone and I'm especially exited to see what this looks like with a tan! However, it is really shimmery so if you're having a bad skin day avoid this one!!! 


Finally, I don't necessarily wear these that often and I got them out of Benefit sets, however they are sold separately but these are brill for long wear use. They are the Benetint and Cha Cha Tint Lip and cheek stain and they do exactly that! They basically stain the colour onto you which means they last pretty much all day. I tend to wear them for work to save myself reapplying every 30 minutes after sweating it all off! I have had a few fallings out with these products though, if you don't blend quick enough you get these like red/orange sploges all over, like your coming out in hives. But If your looking for something hardy to test the times this is the one for you! 

I'm a huge blush fan and these are just some of my faves, if anyone has any recommendation please feel free to let me know? Or you've tried any of these and agree! Till next time...



1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I really need to get some sleek blushes! They are soo pretty and pigmented! Xxx
    Great Post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete